Friday, September 9, 2011

Final touches...



Well, here we are, less than a week away from the Md archery opener.  A week that all of us at Bitmore Outdoors have waited seven and a half months for.

All over the internet hit-lists are popping up, check out the Midwest Whitetail guys, and already the rut predictions are rolling in, Rut Report and Wired to Hunt.  Although November is a few months away, the anticipation is at an all time high.

I know that our watch lists are stacked right now and hopefully a few of these deer are going to hit the dirt within the next few weeks.  Gary has done more homework in the past seven months than I could do if I spent the rest of the season in the woods.  If I were a betting man I would put money on Gary having one down within the first few days.

Another good note is that I was able to secure permission on a piece of property very close to home that I have been watching and filming a beautiful 4.5 year old tall eight point.  With a few last minute preparations Jenna and I should be able to get within bow range of him this week!



Hopefully the weather will slack off on us this week, we have gotten over 7 inches of rain since Sunday here on the shore, and the flash flooding over on the western shore might force the hip boots to go on come thursday.

Wash your hunting clothes and get your therma-cell refills, it's about to get bloody.

Hunt Smart, Hunt Hard

~Wil

No comments:

Post a Comment